Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Happy Thanksgiving Eve to all, 1 by UMD_Terp

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright UMD_Terp

In reply to: Happy Thanksgiving Eve to all

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Happy Thanksgiving Eve to all
UMD_Terp wrote:
Happy thanksgiving everybody.

I guess I wasn't aware of the palettes at my party. I think I was the only one to eat my dish. But I'm fine with that because I know how good it was. It really is something, I will definitely make the squash dish again. Basically it is squash, bacon, kale, and red quinoa. Mix in a little sharp white cheddar and a pinch of nutmeg. And you're done. It was great a dish. Will post the link later.

The other dish was kale and Brussels sprouts salad. Very easy and fresh. Rip off the leaf part of the kale, disregarding the stem. I used a bag of trader joes kale which was already shredded and picked out the stems. Add in Brussels sprouts, you can peel off the layers or cut them up. I used a food processor to chop them up. And the dressing is 1/4 cup fresh lemon, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, pinch of salt, and a clove of garlic finely chopped. Simple and easy. My recipe called for almonds and cheese but I omitted them.