Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DonnaMack

In reply to: B&D 'scratch and dent sale'

Forum: Lilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of B&D 'scratch and dent sale'
DonnaMack wrote:
A pommerwhat?

I had a hilarious experience with a GORGEOUS long haired collie the other day. I hadn't seen one since childhood, when my mother owned one.

We have alleys around here that are gorgeous. If I didn't know better I would think the owners of the homes were in a competition - the alleys are landscaped, I swear. So people take walks in them to admire the plants, and I run in them.

Here comes a beautiful long haired collie. I expect him to start "herding" me. No. He wants a rub. I stop. He walks up to me with those gorgeous eyes.We bond. No collar. Clean as a whistle, with all that fur. I realize that he must belong to someone nearby. After getting what he felt was sufficient love from me, he tries to go through a wooden fence, but doesn't fit. One of the pieces of wood is misaligned. He could get out on his own, but not in. Crossing my fingers that it was home, I pulled the piece of wood aside and he goes through.

A few days later I see him in the yard, with a woman. Turns out I know her from the library, and yes, it's her dog. NOW he barks.

I got Pearl Lorraine from Faraway Flowers a couple of years back. I actually had to store it during my move, and planted it late, and it came up very well, so it's strong. They had it this past year. I thought it was pinker, but I was not disappointed when it bloomed. And look at the way it "pops" in dimmer light!

This message was edited Nov 23, 2013 7:06 AM