Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: SPRING AMONG OUR BROMELIADS..., 1 by springer99

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright springer99

In reply to: SPRING AMONG OUR BROMELIADS...

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of SPRING AMONG OUR BROMELIADS...
springer99 wrote:
Good morning everyone,
I'll start in reverse so to speak, lol.
Teresa, I had to laugh when I went to that link, I scrolled and first bit I stopped on to read was about the wrong spelling that most people spell it Punga, not Ponga. I must admit.... I would of thought it would of been spelt punga. opps. But anyway, I reckon on a live ponga would be a great spot for them, and probably a ponga log too. But someone else can probably better advise you on that one :)
Shirley love those newbies, I only just got a Neo Sometimes recently too, had never seen one before getting mine and I think they are stunning brom, made me wonder why I hadn't seen any before? Love all your newbies. Passion Pink is such a stunner as it matures. Vr Dad's Favourite is still one of my favourite Vr's in the brom house. Mine has a pup on it too, but I won't be parting with it, you can understand why lol.
Cody I'm glad Alex is home again, yaaaa happy days.
Thanks Trish, yes we have been so busy but as you say, it feels good to stand back and feel like you have achieved something and that it looks better now. We are always day dreaming of more space, wishing we could spread out more with the broms and keep pups to increase stock numbers of things, ohhh well, can't do it, but dreams are free ;) Your garden shots are looking fantastic, the 'veranda' above them must be agreeing with them. This is the area with the cloth above isn't it? Or have I lost the plot? don't answer that, ha ha ha.
Ahhh Teresa, you confirmed what I thought about Windows 8, I wonder if some new computers still come with Windows 7 at least? Or if they will bring out yet another newer windows and get rid of the phone type look that 8 has. It's awful! I like to have my destop how I want it, folders, shortcuts, programs etc. Anything I have seen advertising Windows 8, looks like the options of having your desktop still looking the same as 'normal' have gone. I will dodge Windows 8 as long as I can, unless someone tells me you can make it look like ... well how mine looks now.

Well I am trying to find an ID on some little mini's I have, have a few pots of them and have never bothered chasing up a name, actually to come to think of it, I think I did try a little while back and no one on FB was sure. So am trying again now that they are flowering. I'll add them here just in case someone has them in their collection and knows a name :)

So these two pics are of a NOID Neo Mini we have.

Ohh Nev you posted as I was typing, I wonder if you and I are looking at the same pic from the 18th? I would of sworn it was a neo. I wonder if I can link to the exact photo... I'll give it a go and see if it works. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=9688149
At least changing up to Vista isn't too bad, but any change takes some getting use too. From Vista to 7 is quite different and I don't like it, and haven't been game to try 8. XP and Vista have been my favourites so far.
One day I might end up trying a Mac which I wouldn't of thought I would ever consider, but I don't like the direction Windows is going in at the moment. Who knows.

Ok better go, pollinations to do and kids pulling at me..literally. Have a great day everyone :)