Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #17, 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #17

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeners #17
Amargia wrote:
Hello, Sheri. Welcome back. Sorry, I am guilty too. First encounters between the Old and New Worlds and all that resulted from that clash and melding is endlessly fascinating to me. I can prattle on and on about it. Even if a person doesn't have a drop of Amer-Indian blood, the influence of First Peoples, especially the Iroquois Confederacy, on our system of government means all Americans have a heritage that stretches into pre-Columbian times. Thanksgiving and the November Heritage festivities celebrate the times, however brief, that the Old and New World came/come together and it was/is good.
Beautyberries are something! It isn't just the color at a time when things are beginning to dull down I like. It is the structure. The way the berry clusters form rings around the stem makes them look like a shrub Dr. Seuss thought of on one of his more creative days. I'm hoping to get the white berry variety soon and that it has the same form as the purple. I've yet to see a white one in its prime.
Jim found pansies in colors he thought would play well with the marigolds. Mk*