Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: SPRING AMONG OUR BROMELIADS..., 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: SPRING AMONG OUR BROMELIADS...

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of SPRING AMONG OUR BROMELIADS...
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

sorry I have missed a couple of days. I have been feeling a bit ‘off’ due to yet another tick bite … they do seem to love me.

Nev, I don’t mind a drop of wine but I get an allergic reaction when I drink it. Within minutes my skin flushes red and I virtually “glow in the dark”. Not a pleasant sensation so I generally abstain.

Nev, I’m always happy to visit a brom grower/seller so I will try to get one of those Ae Nudicaulis pups for you but it may take a little while.

Nev, I will attach a pic of one of your Concentrica X (Charm X Cracker Jack) seedlings which I love and which I have called ‘Nevs Best’ for my own reference.

Jean, I will try to get you a pup from that Ae Nudicaulis too. I have put you down for a pup (after Nev) in case I luck out from the seller I got it from. Your broms are getting some nice colour.

Therese, I like your ideas for a cure for a head cold.

Wendy, my fingers and hands are always stiff first thing of a morning especially if I have given them a workout the day before. Hope to catch up with you soon.

Trish, great that your mum is enjoying her stay with you. Love your pics, in particular neo Fruit Cake.

Hope everyone has a great Labour Day hol.

Pic 1 – NOID – purchased as neo Perfecta Tricolour, pic 2 – neo Lava Swirl, pic 3 – my favourite of Nev’s seedlings, pic 4 – random garden shot.

Bye for now, Shirley