Mid-Atlantic Gardening: FEELING BETTER BACK FOR AWHILE AT LEAST, 1 by docgipe

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright docgipe

In reply to: FEELING BETTER BACK FOR AWHILE AT LEAST

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of FEELING BETTER BACK FOR AWHILE AT LEAST
docgipe wrote:
Geese I forgot to close this discussion. Here is an image showing three plants in fourteen inch baskets with double choir linings. The one in the center is a mature Night Blooming Cereus the subject of this opening and bloom discussion. The one to the left is Red Ippy. On the right is an infant one year old Hindu Rope planting of three green and three variegated in the basket. The green plants grew from twenty to thirty six inches the first year. The variegated brought some wildlife with them that slowed their even slower growth as I fought off the problem to save the whole planting. Knocking on wood now I believe success is in the making with a complete clean up using repeated every ten day applications of Merit which is definitely not organic but I know of no other way to whip the army when it is known to live most of its life underground chewing on the roots. The Hindu Ropes will grow as long as eight feet given excellent care. They will also split and fill the basket rim.

Each of these three plants are or will need three cupic feet of space both in and outdoors. Each when fully developed will weigh easily fifty pounds. We have that space and can enjoy them both inside and outside. Each is hanging on a block and tackle arrangement to make working with them a job with ease. This concludes my presentation. I am pleased that many have enjoyed the four images.