Photo by Melody

Central Midwest Gardening: September 2013 autumnal equinox coming soon., 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: September 2013 autumnal equinox coming soon.

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of September 2013  autumnal equinox coming soon.
shortleaf wrote:
I water that stuff you sent me regularly, Betty, but none of it has shown any life yet. Did you microwave that stuff before you sent it?! I'm still waiting for that stuff to show signs of life! I was just kidding about the microwaving! I do have a couple of volunteer Mimosa seedlings in those pots though if anybody wants them. I've done that microwaving actually! I used to think Tree-Of-Heaven was so cool until I found out that it really wasn't, years ago! Somebody said, "hurry, microwave the seeds fast!". I think I did to about half of them, the other half I threw in the mayor's yard! lol Just joking again!
I microwaved them all! That would be a nice native Bamboo, green, I sure hope it comes to life.

Yes, Purple Coneflower seedballs has always worked well for me. I didn't know about the oils and all, makes perfect sense. I'd send you seedballs of them ju, but I don't have the money for a thick envy or box, I have like $1.50.

I'd love some white Hollyhock seeds if you have any extra, pepper, if not don't worry about it. : )

I remember years ago, a friend named Equilibrium sent me some Ninebark seeds but they didn't come up.

I took a few photos of my Coneflowers that came up just from making a hole in a pot of dirt and dropping a Purple Coneflower seedhead in it last year. -
Will