Dahlias: My earliest blooms ever, 1 by pirl

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright pirl

In reply to: My earliest blooms ever

Forum: Dahlias

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of My earliest blooms ever
pirl wrote:
My reaction is the same. The things that bother me in the house do not annoy me outside.

Sorry about the lost dahlia but you do have the tuber, thankfully. Maybe it will continue to puzzle you next year.

Very rough work especially with major 55 year old spruce roots in the soil to work around them.

He copes by having his 4 to 6 hour breakfast with the newspaper. I'd go insane but it's fine with him. Yesterday he did plant an azalea that had been waiting for months. We had it removed from the area with the new bluestone paths. It looks better than ever but it was another target for the deer and now that I have trellises blocking all entrances to the rose garden, the azalea will be safe there.

We still have cukes, tomatoes, peppers and basil growing (I planted them in spots other than the old garden) and he's on Coumadin so can't have any spinach so we don't feel we're missing anything.

Yesterday I planted more basil, lettuces and "spring" raab. All were old packages of seeds so there's no big loss if they don't grow. I used them all as edging in the dahlia garden.

Now we're in the midst of a very noisy rain storm, complete with thunder and radio static. I'm working off the battery. That seems to be the only feature I like on this machine.

No idea of the name of this one that I saved from last year and gave it a spot for itself but I do like the variety of yellow-orange flowers on it.