Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: Sheperdia argentea, SILVER BUFFALOBERRY, 1 by Sequoiadendron4

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Sequoiadendron4

In reply to: Sheperdia argentea, SILVER BUFFALOBERRY

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Sheperdia argentea, SILVER BUFFALOBERRY
Sequoiadendron4 wrote:
Here is the site in question. This is a picture from last year but as you can see there isn't enough room for a plant the size you suggested. The Potentilla got relocated to a better location and replaced with a Opuntia erinacea var. ursina. The hollies are chronically stressed and thus succumb to various ailments. They were treated for scale this spring as they probably had it for a few years since I didn't know what scale was prior to spring. Then they got spider mites (I think) and now most of the leaves look 'dusty'. They are just really struggling. Interesting about silver leaved plants and humidity Weerobin. I'll have to look more in to it. Here's the kicker to the plant that replaces the hollies: the wife has to approve and she won't approve anything that doesn't make berries.

My number two choice is mahonia fremontii but I would prefer the Buffaloberry