Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for novices and addicts September 2013, 1 by ianperry

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright ianperry

In reply to: Bromeliads for novices and addicts September 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for novices and addicts September 2013
ianperry wrote:
Hi all, all I have done at home today was to spread out some of my broms just to increase airspace around each of them. I will take another pic of pic 4 in a couple of days just to show the difference.
Cody the flowers do fade some colours more than others and also depending on how long they were in the purchase point before you got it. Also how well it was looked after. Your plants still look healthy so you must be doing something right. Here is a hug a smile and a wave. Get well soon.
Sue I like that Ae recurvate with it's pineapple shape. It does look a biggish plant.
Tash, Thanks for the suggestion on how much cinnamon to use and the method. I have a few that I could try it on. When Chester uses reo bar it has lumps on the sides and maybe this grips on the centre to pull it out. He also seems to punch very deeply or maybe that was just trick photography. Maybe I could ask him.
Nev just maybe I will plant Neo Magnificent Red in a garden in shade and see what happens. I have a few other choices to stab. I am also interested in trying The Contraceptive Pill as a hormone treatment for an increased pup production. For me to get the pill is a bit of a problem but I can ask at our meeting on Sunday.
Enough for me tonight
Have a good one
Ian.
Pic 1 Bil Delight
Pic 2 Neo Camelot
Pic 3 Neo Rosa Morado
Pic 4 Gold
Pic 5 Neo Camelot with different setting on camera. Same plant