Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - August 2013
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

Nev, I am sure neo Sands of Time is a Barbarian hybrid and a really pretty one, I think. Nev, you just don’t appreciate beauty, “that prickly bloody thing” is a stunner, well I think.

You were lucky that you didn’t get any damage from your neighbour’s falling Norfolk Island Pine branch. The wind blows here, then dies down, waits for me to pick up pots and plants that have blown over, then returns and knocks them over again. I have picked up a few of the larger sticks in the front garden but it seems a bit of a waste of time at the moment.

Ian, waiting to see pics of your new purchases. Sorry to hear your Neo Miranda got burned. Love your bill Super Duper Grace, it’s gorgeous and also your variegated guzzies.

Sue, sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I won’t be trying to cross pollinate the vrieseas this year, I am just excited that they will be throwing pups.

I don’t have a 20 cm space at the top of DG, though the page has changed again and is much wider. The five pics fit across the page with room to spare. It has been really hot here the last couple of days as well … loving it.

Hi Cody and Debi, lovely to see a new poster. I will leave the IDs of your plants to those more knowledgeable.

Hi to everyone else

Pic 1 – neo Silverado, pic 2 – Ae Aztec Gold, pic 3 – Vr The Daintree x Whitebands, pic 4 – Ae Ensign

Bye, Shirley