Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Yardening Summer 2013 Part 3, 1 by happy_macomb

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright happy_macomb

In reply to: Yardening Summer 2013 Part 3

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Yardening Summer 2013 Part 3
happy_macomb wrote:
Roses: I am so jealous of your beds, and of Speedie's marshmallow fluff beds.

CatMint, that's interesting about your Agastache Purple Haze, because mine, which I planted late late last fall (probably December), was the most beautiful surprise on my awful front hill. I'd never grown -- or even heard of -- Agastache before. But I think it was supposed to bloom late -- nonetheless, mine was in glorious full bloom in May, as I recall. Can't explain it. Maybe it won't come back next year.

My drainage on the awful front hill is far from perfect -- though the hill itself does help with drainage. I don't recall if this was one of the places I boosted the drainage because I knew the plant would require it. The Purple Haze does get a fair bit of sun, and it is in a fairly open space with a lot of air movement. It is the plant in the very middle of this photo (it doesn't stand out much in the photo, and it is too dark to take a picture now). (That photo reminds me that I need to do something soon with the awful ditch lily foliage.)