Central Midwest Gardening: Anyone counting the bats?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: Anyone counting the bats?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Anyone counting the bats?
shortleaf wrote:
Are you bat folks still around? Or anybody that can help shed light on it, (although, be prepared to take any blame..lol) Woodworkers? Anybody?
I got me a bit of a quandary! I was hoping somebody could clue me in on something that I'm not grasping about these assembly instructions on it. I have all the pieces cut and I'm ready to put together. My dilemma is on it's thickness or basically the diameter of the roosting chamber. I'm not sure if it's 3/4" of an inch thick or 1.5" inches thick. I think the instructions say 3/4" thick but I'm not seeing how it can be 3/4 of an inch thick! I don't want to get it all glued together and everything wrong, so I was hoping somebody could clear this up for me. I just can't see how anything would be comfortable in a 3/4" house! But, if you look at #5 in the instrux it says "roost chamber is 3/4", I'm finding it difficult to grasp! I've been wrong before, I am all about the 3/4" if that's what it really is! I know the bats around here are tiny and all but gee whiz!
I'd love to do this right the first time. It's bad enuff that it has taken me about 4 months so far to get THIS far, I'm not trying to prolong it much more. Here's a few pics. My printer is terrible, sorry if it is somewhat unreadable. - Those side boards (furring strips) decide the thickness, do they go like pic #1 or like pic #2?
Thanks, Will

This message was edited Aug 2, 2013 9:03 PM