Mid-South Gardening: July SIZZLES right along!, 1 by kjuddy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright kjuddy

In reply to: July SIZZLES right along!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July SIZZLES right along!
kjuddy wrote:
>>>>> that is me stomping in here to VENT!! Today at work was just the absolute worst - without typing out a darn novel it was just a day FILLED with phone calls from irate customers about people not doing their jobs, not returning phone calls for weeks on end and failing to do what they know needs to be done. Of course these people do NOT have to talk to these irate customers and worst of all I can't get enough info out of my own co-workers to talk intelligently to these folks. WHY OH WHY is the boss always off on these kinds of days and WHY do the very same people get away with not doing their job day after day and those of us picking up the pieces get zero credit for handling their disasters>>>>> that is me stomping out

Ok now I hope you girls are having a good night - sorry for that rant but I just so needed to say it. My favorite childhood memories are splitting open the seeds of a persimmon to see if it looked like a fork a knife or a spoon in there. We had an old persimmon tree in our yard and we lived for splitting those seeds. Here's a picture of some marked to show what they are. Anyone else ever do that?

The other great memory is of my mom peeling and slicing apples that we had just picked into cold salt water on the back porch - my mom could peel a whole apple with the skin in one long curl. We loved to watch her do that and eat apples out of that salt water. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it.