Photo by Melody

Upper Midwest Gardening: Summer is about to begin.. show those blooms!, 5 by nutsaboutnature

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright nutsaboutnature

In reply to: Summer is about to begin.. show those blooms!

Forum: Upper Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of  Summer is about to begin.. show those blooms!
nutsaboutnature wrote:
Lovely pics, everyone! I've been sneaking looks, but haven't had a chance to post.

Juhur, as always, your blooms are gorgeous! Tomatoes look great, too. I won't pretend to know what the reason for "Registering" a bloom is all about, but it sounds impressive. Nice you have Butterflies. I wish we'd get some. All of my Butterfly's plants are blooming and fading, but still only Cabbage Whites.

Cindy, glad to hear your JB's have dwindled some. Thank goodness! I, also had plants that didn't come back. Some have been slowly disappearing (guess they weren't in a "happy" location, but space in my other beds is limited) and some drowned in this year's Spring Monsoon.

lavender4ever, Very pretty pics! Love the colors.

Stu, your new flower bed looks beautiful! Very unique idea with the beds. What a horrid experience with the JB trap! I have to apologize, though. I couldn't help laughing as I read your post. I visualized myself running through the yard screeeming with hundreds of JB's in pursuit! Glad the traps are working so well.

Here are some recent blooms and some just starting.

1) Annual Tall Red Salvia

2 & 3) Liatris 'Kobold' (Blazing Star, Gayfeather)

4) Rudbeckia

5) Early stages of some Hosta blooms