Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Perennials: My Favorite Blue In the Garden...What's Yours?, 1 by Pfg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: My Favorite Blue In the Garden...What's Yours?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My Favorite Blue In the Garden...What's Yours?
Pfg wrote:
I just looked it up: it's an annual, but a good seeder, also easy to wintersow. Your Hesperis Matronalis seeds should be ripe soon, I'm saving some clumps I know are white, will keep those seeds separate. Yummy, more iris, and I know you have some great blue combos!

I've decided the trellis looks too bare, there won't be anything much going on there for ages, and I'm impatient (maybe y'all have figured that out already?). I have 2 Clematis Veronica's Choice, one on each side. I'm thinking to put them together on the near side in the pics above, where one has climbed very nicely, moving the one that flowered in June and is still quite short to join it. Then, on the far side, I'd put the Jackmanii which is blooming in a pot now. It won't swamp the other two, it will go to the top and maybe cascade some, but they'll have one whole side to themselves for their roots and first bloom, and hopefully the flowers will surface when the time comes for the second flush. I already have plenty of purple tones in the bed, the Clems are up high enough not to take away from the blues below... At least that's my theory... Any thoughts out there? Would love opinions- Does it sound good, or like a mistake? :-)

1 VC bloom
2 Jackmanii bloom