Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Mid-South Gardening: July SIZZLES right along!, 1 by cperdue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright cperdue

In reply to: July SIZZLES right along!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of July SIZZLES right along!
cperdue wrote:
My coneflowers and rudbeckia are blooming like crazy. But my zinnias are just sitting there doing nothing! Just a strange year. It has been a really mild summer here so far. Much cooler than normal. It was around 90 all last week and the same is forecast for this week. I have some impatiens coming back but not nearly the amount I normally do. They like the hot weather to germinate.
At our community garden we had several trees cut down when we started it. The guy that initiated the whole project had them leave one tree trunk as he planned to do a tree carving. He finally got it done. I was amazed at the results!! He said he has never done a carving before. Pretty darn good I think!! The third garden picture is of my garden box. Also a few pictures of some things I have blooming.

Forgot to mention there is a bee hive behind the fence. The bee expert with the UofA Agriculture Dept put it there and maintains it.

This message was edited Jul 14, 2013 9:35 PM