Florida Gardening: My first raised bed garden for vegtables, 1 by jamibad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamibad

In reply to: My first raised bed garden for vegtables

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My first raised bed garden for vegtables
jamibad wrote:
I was just looking at the last picture's I posted, the first of the picture's is where I need to try to make a drain field for all the water that lays in this garden. But it was tilled, so should make it easy to do something to help drain the water.
And in the other picture's, you can see I still have things growing! Yes, Peppers, egg plants, and I have some indeterminate tom's, they're holding there own, but not producing! I made some cuttings, no picture's yet, will get them on here, but they're doing great too. I have them on my covered patio, away from the direct sunlight, and am hoping for plenty more tom's towards Sept. The one's in the garden should start producing again than too, I feed them, it's just too hot for production!

Here are some of my flowers I planted from seed, I planted morning glory's to hide the crappy look of my fence, and they have grown way to much for my liking, but I love them, ( only in the morning) They're taking fence space from my cantaloupes, and watermelons, I have to decide if I'm taking them out or not, and the 4th picture is of my garden in the front yard, My mosaic sphere I made is the center attraction, and than the last picture is Part of my butterfly garden in the back yard. When I put this together it looked so bare, now it's so full, it's awesome! I love it!

I don't know if I have any more new picture's to put up at this time, I'll check, but will get more together as the new things grow, and as I pull other plants to make room for new stuff. I just love being outside, in the garden. I see a lot of butterfly's, bees, and lizards, lol! I have to learn how to ID them, have no clue!

I hope we all escape Chantea( spelling) we can use a little rain, but not the abuse a hurricane can dish out! If everyone huffs and puffs, we can blow her out to sea, instead of our houses being blown to smithereens! You all have a great day/evening! And Thanks for following along here on my "first raised bed garden"

Jami