Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone

Nev, I have to agree that neo Painted Lady x Georges Prince is a lovely cross. I hope some of yours turn out as well. Wish I could say I grew mine but I have to admit to buying it.

Nev, your Mobile Fernery makes for a very original pot plant container, though maybe a little on the large side. That neo Lovely Lady is gorgeous, I love how it spirals. Your Guz Hilda looks very nice too.

Bree, I’m not sure about the pic of Concentrica but I do think I have seen it before, is it from an eBay listing? I recently purchased a neo Concentrica X and I’ll post a pic. I love your Vr White Bands and it certainly looks like you’re going to have lots of Vr Splendens ... how old are the seedlings, please.

Bree, hope you are feeling better soon. I still have a scratchy throat and a very annoying cough and it’s been about four weeks now.

Therese, guzmanias make great indoor plants and an excellent alternative to cut flowers. Some of the blooms will last up to 12 months and still look good. I don’t think I could get out of bed if the temp here ever dropped to -3. I’m loathe to crawl out from under the covers if it gets down to around 15 degrees.

Trish, today has been a better day than yesterday, fortunately. And tomorrow is Friday so you get to have a couple of days off and hopefully some time to relax.

Hi to Ian, Cody, Jean, Sue, Tash, Jen, Wendy, Colleen and anyone else looking in.

My pics are 1 – neo Concentrica X, pic 2 – neo Meyendorffii x Marmorata, pics 3 and 4 are NOIDs.

Bye for now,

Shirley