Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 1 by weed_woman

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright weed_woman

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
weed_woman wrote:
Good Morning.
I haven't been ignorong you all, just was quite busy all weekend, and had a day off the computer yesterday, as it was running slow all weekend, and it was all I could do to stop myself throwing it out on the lawn and stomping on it!
Anyway, so far it is behaving!
We've had a few sunny, but cold days here, so the ground is slowly drying out. I have been whittling away at a rather stubborn clump of Dieties that I am removing, but will start re-potting plants again now that I won't make a muddy trail as I go. I have a few metres of space to put the potted ones down onto, and as the spot gets a bit of dappled sun, I will put the Neos there and move any shade lovers up to the black igloo. I have noticed the Neos in there have lost alot of colour. I am guessing the black shade cloth has quite a strong %?
I am going to have to add a pic to my user name too! I noticed yours, Shirley, but a few posts earlier than the one that sounded like you were adding it, so it must go back and add it to all previous posts too?
Nev, glad you are enjoying the family visit, and the odd time out.
Cody, I think Boxers are adorable.
Bree, sorry to hear you've been under the weather too
Theresa, do you get a chance to go skiing?
Trish, glad you are back, and your dinner sounds scrumptious.
Shirley, I think when it says Mandela x Mandela, its two different plants (pollen from one, to the flower of the other) when its Mandela x self, its using its own pollen on its own flower, and Mandela F2 is the same. I think I have that right?
Jen, you cheeky thing! You guilted me into getting some photos! Sounds like you had a good time at the show? Pity they spoiled it with the entry fee. I thought they usually made money from the commision on sales? Guess it has to come from somewhere. Better at the door, than dearer plants! I love your Cracker Jack. One of my favourites, and I will have one, one day!
Well, heres my photo contributions
Photo one is my unnamed neo seedling, which has turned from pink to white?
Photo two is Nevs 'Raincloud' on the left and Leisas 'Fairy Tale' on the right
Photo three is a random shot on the overcrowded Neo bench
Photo four is Tillandsia stricta flowering
Photo five is a Neo. 'Fireball' Ball, which I have made using an upsidedown basket, which is sitting on a pot. It will only be a semi circle.
Sue