Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Mid-South Gardening: July SIZZLES right along!, 1 by heavenscape

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright heavenscape

In reply to: July SIZZLES right along!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July SIZZLES right along!
heavenscape wrote:
You tell Al, that I know the Lord gave him a good woman, Marilyn!!!
I restarted quilting when I grew restless from not being able to do much outside. Some would call me a fabric hoarder. Can't attempt to put together anything bigger than a kiddy quilt with my machine! You can't imagine how far the quilting world has come to compared to the 80s! I was cutting with scissors, used plastic templates, and now there are rotary cutters and acrylic rulers!! Anytime you wish to start Marilyn, I'll be happy to help.

Yes Sandra. My mobility is due to the diabetic neuropathy in my feet. Through the years, I have been told that my pancreas isn't producing much, hence the dependency on insulin increase. Plenty of diabetics have adverse effects from this. One is weight gain. I'm practically a vegetarian, will only eat fish for meat protein, avoid starches especially potatoes and rice, and still I can't be as svelte as Jeri here!!!

Congrats on the new ride, Jeri! Gosh.. time flew.. and Ashley's a lady now and driving a HHR!! Wow!!! Can you adopt me Jeri??? I'm potty trained!! Lol!

My current church is very small. 50 members. It's supposed to be a missionary baptist, but not supporting any missionaries at all. Can't argue with the church leaders when the church is led to help out the local community's wayward youths and the elderlies. Guess charity does begin at home.

The old church in Louisiana is another missionary baptist, and do support international missionaries from India and the Phillippines. It can do so as it has 300 members. It also support missionaries doing work in the inner city of Philadelphia.
I remember one year, there was this missioner who came down with a raggedy old car from a Yankee state, and the church surprised him with a new dependable car. God's will be done, right?
Got him weeping when he saw it, and a check for $30,000! God provides, our preacher said!

Yes, there are so many 3rd world countries that need help with spreading His word. Sad the chasm between the rich and poor is so wide! All stems from corruption and lack of equal opportunities for education.
I am glad that my birth country, Singapore, has wonderful Christian ministries that are self sufficient.
Bless you all for wanting to help the poor Christians.

Waving to Karen!!

We're also in the business of rescuing cats!! Think last count it's 28!! Spayed and neutered. I know.. I'm wearing the crown of the crazy cat lady!
Quite the polar opposite of what I used to do in Louisiana. Back then, it was dogs!! ROFL!!
When I die, I told Kel to inscribe on my tombstone "Love Jesus, she took care of His creatures!"