Photo by Melody

Perennials: My Favorite Blue In the Garden...What's Yours?, 1 by Pfg

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Pfg

In reply to: My Favorite Blue In the Garden...What's Yours?

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My Favorite Blue In the Garden...What's Yours?
Pfg wrote:
Ha ha ha... I'm even naughtier than that! Yesterday I had another mini-spree, picked up 3 more Delphs, elatum Dasante Blue this time. It's more compact than the Bellamosum, to 3'. The broken stalks are in a vase, the elatums are blooming in the garden, I'm a happy camper. And I finally have pics...

1 Bellamosum
2 Dasante Blue
3 V Sight Seeing Blue
4 The big picture
5 The bigger picture- New PG Hydrangea standard to replace tree broken in Sandy, underplanted with lots of white- Verbascums, Salvias (incl S Turkestanica, not white, I know), Astrantia Alba, Campanula White Clips, Ceratotheca Triloba, etc, and Alchemilla, many colors of Lupines along the top of the stone wall, and a Lobelia Siphilitica that's been there for years. The mess in between is going to be replaced by 3 Hydrangea Little Lime. I have them already, just haven't gotten to it yet...

My Veronicastrum is white, and about to open. This year I finally have some really good clumps, fine to divide later.

The Dianthus aren't blooming, they petered out before being out outside, but the clumps are growing well. The Platys are starting to like being in the ground, but very little growth so far. It was wet and cool for too long, I think. Now we've had high temps and dry for 3 days in a row, no rain in sight, maybe that's what they've been waiting for. But whatever, I can wait..