Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone

Cody, nice pic, your son looks very much like you. Have you started on your brom collection yet?

Sue, if the bad weather we experienced on our NSW trip was a result of Mother Nature’s displeasure at the maroons beating the blues, there’s some really bad weather on the way in a couple of weeks’ time when Qld wins the series :o)

Molly has settled in very well and the two dogs get along really well. She is a little undisciplined so I have booked her and I into obedience training … maybe I can learn to do as I’m told, but I doubt it, hopefully I can teach Molly to obey a few commands. Good luck with locating your daughter’s puppy.

Jean, hope it stops raining and blowing a gale and warms up for you soon … sounds really miserable. Good to hear your broms are handling the cold weather OK.

Therese, it’s been illegal here in Queensland to dock tails for a while now. Mind you, they are big dogs and when they get excited and wag their tails in the house, they can send things flying in all directions. Both our dogs have tails like kangaroos and a good whack can really hurt too.

Ian and Trish, you are both obviously working too hard … time to slow down and get out amongst your broms, take some deep breaths and r-e-l-a-x .

Thanks Jen, it’s so good to be back home and if I ever catch up with the washing, shopping and housework, I will enjoy the sunshine and the garden.
Molly is gorgeous, she has really enjoyed having a big yard to run around in and a friend to play with.

Perhaps I’ll rethink going to the Garden Expo next year, maybe better off going to an open day at Olives. Do you know when she is having the next one?
I am sure it’s warmer on Brissy’s northside than where you are Jen, perhaps I could baby sit some of your vrieseas … keep them warm for you over winter :o)

Love your new purchases, Jen, you are obviously attracted to the variegated neos too. You have so many really lovely vrieseas, including Vr Crackerjack, I am so envious.

Pic 1 – Vr Kiwi Cream, pic 2 – Vr Kiwi Sunset, pic 3 – Vr Kiwi Dusk

it's after midnight and I meant to have an early night.

G'night all, Shirley