Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - July 2013
works4me wrote:
Hi everyone,

We are home again and so pleased to be here. What a shocker of a ‘holiday’. The crappiest weather imaginable … nine days and nights of non-stop rain. Nine days of wet towels, wet feet, wet dogs and cabin fever. Around 2000 kms and not a single day of sunshine, not a single photo taken, whinge, whinge, whinge.

Anyway, we had a lovely sunny day today but I didn’t get to even look at my broms. I had so much washing to catch up on and still more to do tomorrow, then hopefully some brom time.

I picked up two lovely parcels at the post office today, thanks so much Nev and Jean. The broms and seedlings are still in very good condition, despite being there for more than a week, thanks to some very careful wrapping and packaging. They are enjoying a soak in some Seasol tonight and I will pot them up tomorrow ... thanks again.

I haven’t read all the posts on the June thread so I apologise if I should respond to anyone. I will start back with the new July thread, thanks Jen, lovely pics.

Jean, love those two neo pink mosaics. I have one somewhere but I don’t think it is nearly as nice as either of yours.

Bree, those are stunning neophytums.

Cody, great to see you are still posting. You must be very proud of your boy.

Sue, I wish we had been able to call in to see you when we visited Coffs Harbour. If we ever travel south again, we will certainly stop in to see you and Nev too if we get as far as Shellharbour.

I hope your daughter gets her pup back, she must be so upset. Gee, there are some low life around.

Jen, every year when the Nambour Garden Show is on, we seem to have other plans and every year I say, maybe next year we’ll make it. Please let us know what you think of the expo, I think it would be fantastic. Maybe next year.

Tash, glad you were able to get the bbq skewers from Coles, they are very good, strong ones.

Nev, enjoy your time with your family. Hope you get your computer problems sorted too.

Ian, I like your idea for getting rid of the housework … if only it was that easy. I like your neos High Voltage and Clarise.

Trish, hope you are feeling better by now … being Friday night should help, but it sounds like you are so busy. Try to take it easy and look after yourself.

No brom photos tonight but I will post some pics of our new baby, Molly. She is a beautiful girl and settling in very well.

Bye for now, Shirley