Mid-South Gardening: July SIZZLES right along!, 1 by marsue

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright marsue

In reply to: July SIZZLES right along!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of July SIZZLES right along!
marsue wrote:
Charlotte, I know you will enjoy the twins' visit!

Al and I will have 3 teens visiting from the 17th through the 23rd. My grandson Zachary, 13, will be here and also the son and step-daughter of Michelle Finney (My "daughter"--Michelle #2-not my biological daughter--just my daughter because we love each other) (I know it's confusing LOL): Connor Fitzpatrick, 14,and Samantha Finney, 15. We plan to take them to Silver Dollar City one day and also will go zip-lining but maybe not the same day as SDC. Another day we may go through the wild animal park just north of Springfield. It is a drive-through park but you can also get out and pet some of the smaller animals--at least that is what the TV ads show. We will also take them to the lake. They can ski or ride behind the boat on one of those big rubber boat toys. I just hope the weather isn't as hot as you-know-what. :D
The good thing about Silver Dollar City is that there are plenty of shows and shops where you can be inside and stay cool. Al and I will probably do that while the kids do their thing on all the rides. LOL We may also go to one of my favorite places: Rockbridge Trout Resort. The Finney/Fitzpatrick clan was there with us back in April when they came up for a week-end. Zachary has never been there. The food is great and so is the scenery.
There is lots to do up here in these Ozark Mountains if you have the funds to take advantage of it all. ;)
I think I may have posted this photo before but I'll refresh your memories--LOL
This is the Finney/Fitzpatrick clan with us at Rockbridge in April. We took part in the dignified exercise of balancing spoons on our noses :D