Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Central Midwest Gardening: June 2013 - Starting out wet and cool; ending?, 1 by shortleaf

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright shortleaf

In reply to: June 2013 - Starting out wet and cool; ending?

Forum: Central Midwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of June 2013 - Starting out wet and cool; ending?
shortleaf wrote:
Oh.. very pretty light pink flowers there, ju. Yes, I too got plenty of pink flowers, I'll take a flower's color any color I can get! lol Thanks ju, I have a few shade plants, most of them started out very small, maybe $5 or $6 plants that have grown double since. We're very big on shade plants here, lots of shade, my friend here loves her trees!

Hi green, I do believe that A. gigantea rootling is making a move! I noticed it's a runner, you got that Bamboo running in your yard? I have a friend who planted a hardy running Bamboo in her yard and it is well on the way to ruining it now. I am excited about the one I got, I plan to keep it contained, that is my #1 priority..lol
But, look at these before and after photos of it, it's evident that it's on the move. - Actually, that first pic was only 2 days ago, 6 days after I received it from you. I've had it for 8 days so it has had time to generate roots and grow some more. The others are taking a bit longer but I expect they'll come to life eventually also. Even that Nanking seedling has only lost it's leaves but that doesn't mean it's done by far. That 3rd photo is looking the other way is all, it shows the Bamboo rootling itself is all.

Here's how you transport a railroad tie! I'm not lifting it! I'm not risking blowing anything out! I have a good back so far and I plan to keep it that way for awhile! lol

The Elephant Ears still seem to be okay with the standing water. I put a Bamboo and a Fern in there too, they like water. I plan to cover up that black edge with mulch, it looks funny the way it is.