Photo by Melody

Indoor Gardening and Houseplants: HOUSEPLANTS OPEN DISCUSSION GROUP - JUNE 2013, 1 by JBerger

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JBerger

In reply to: HOUSEPLANTS OPEN DISCUSSION GROUP - JUNE 2013

Forum: Indoor Gardening and Houseplants

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of HOUSEPLANTS OPEN DISCUSSION GROUP - JUNE 2013
JBerger wrote:
Hello Ivy, I have never had a hoya but had a friend who had a passion for them. I do have a few begonias, Tea Rose is my favorite and then there is an old Angel Wing Cane like that I still have a few babies from. The Tea Rose is a beautiful plant and if you put it in the sun it really changes. Here are some shots of both the Tea Rose inside and the Tea Rose in the sun.

First shot is of the young ones that are in the greenhouse. They are all in full bloom just now and they make wonderful house plants. They will bloom as long as they have sun.
Second shot is what they look like sitting in full sun all day. Notice how the colors change. Same plant just different locations.

I have at least twenty different varieties of schlumbergera (Christmas/Holiday)Cactus that I play around with. Some Jasmine, streptocarpus, african violets, spider (different varieties) gardenias, goldfish plant, mandevilla and bougainvillea.

I love plants with a fragrance. The hoya has a fragrance doesn't it? Do they get very big in containers, Ivy?