Memory Garden: (helenethequeen) Helene Diener, 1 by melody

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright melody

Subject: (helenethequeen) Helene Diener

Forum: Memory Garden

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of (helenethequeen) Helene Diener
melody wrote:
Helene Diener, known to us as helenethequeen joined us on July 7th, 2008. She was an avid quilter and was one of our most active members in our Quilting Forum. Helene loved the friendship and closeness of DG and was always ready to share a bit of advice or a scrap of fabric with anyone. She enjoyed the cooking and recipe forum and always had suggestions and tips to share there as well.

Her daughter Heidi wrote a touching note that we want to share with the community:

Quoting:You all must know she so enjoyed learning from you all, sharing your lives, your camaraderie and building friendships. She loved people and making the world a more beautiful place. I look around my home and she is all over, needlepoint pillows, knitted blankets, quilted wall hangings, my 50th birthday quilt, the recipe book she created for family members, the peonies and hosta from her gardens, the lily pads a Dave’s Garden friend sent us last summer. She definitely left her legacy and a person I am proud to have known and been part of her life. I miss her terribly.

"Methinks it is a token of healthy and gentle characteristics, when women of high thoughts and accomplishments love to sew; especially as they are never more at home with their own hearts than while so occupied." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Marble Faun, 1859