Florida Gardening: My first raised bed garden for vegtables, 1 by jamibad

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jamibad

In reply to: My first raised bed garden for vegtables

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of My first raised bed garden for vegtables
jamibad wrote:
Hi All, Look what I found this morning in one of my zucchini. My DH brought it to my attention, than, after checking some more vegetables I brought in from the garden, all my sugar snap peas have hole's in them too!! WORMS!!!
Does anyone know what this pest is. I also noticed something is eating the crap out of my cabbage leaves. I can't find anything though. I have looked and looked, in the dirt around the base of the plants, and up and down the stems, and under the leaves, Nothing!!! What is going on, what am I looking for, how do I find the culprit ? Thank goodness my sugar snaps are almost completely harvested, I have a few more new plants that have been in for about 2 weeks, hope they are going to be OK. I'm having these problems in the raised bed garden. The other garden seems to be pest free. Is there a possibility I'm too close to the woods, and may be getting things because of the location? Anyway, getting the DE out and attack once again! So far my tomato plants are hanging in there. Plenty of good looking toms, and no holes in them!!!!

Well, just wanted to jump on here and see if i get some kind of feedback, it's a beautiful holiday weekend, hope you all having a great time with your family's, and I want to give a big salute and a bigger Thank You to all those who have served in our armed forces, or are serving, and to the Family's who have loved one's serving! This is your week end! Have a wonderful weekend!! Jami