Greenhouse: Heating Greenhouses, 1 by Horseshoe

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Horseshoe

In reply to: Heating Greenhouses

Forum: Greenhouse

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Heating Greenhouses
Horseshoe wrote:
Shaz....first, get a bigger g-house, or add on to that one. That's the perfect size to make you go stir crazy! (You'll outgrow it fast.)

A small kero heater will do the job, so will a small electric one in that size g-house. A propane heater with a thermostat (bout the same cost as a kero heater) will burn cleaner and also regulate your temps better.

As for "shoffice"...a word coined by my DD, when she was probably 7 yrs old or maybe younger...

...the building I'm now sitting in used to be called my shop. At some point in time I decided to re-vamp it (insulate the walls, put in cheaper particle board to hold the insulation in, put in a ceiling, etc) and move my computer and all my garden/farming/marketing records and books down here. It mainly became my "office". DD didn't like the fact that is was no longer gonna be the SHOP (she's hung out down here w/me from Day One), so out of the blue one day she said, "We can call it the Shoffice!" I was happily acceptable w/that! Part shop, part office = Shoffice. To this day that's what we call it.