Photo by Melody
Announcements
The ability to post new threads and comments is currently off-line. We are working to restore this feature.

Pacific Northwest Gardening: Weed Wrench for ivy?, 1 by LakeLivingRos

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright LakeLivingRos

In reply to: Weed Wrench for ivy?

Forum: Pacific Northwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Weed Wrench for ivy?
LakeLivingRos wrote:
mlmlakestevens -

Have you ever considered purchasing a wood chipper used off craigslist or from home depot's rental department? My husband and I constantly with buy the more expensive tool that we may need, and then sell it on CL when we are done with it for the same price we bought it for. I would totally would have let you borrow the wood chipper if it was mine, but it's not and it is back at my parents who are using it!

That is so cool that you hosted some tandem cyclists! My husband and I have raced our tandem bike a few times, and we actually rode it all around the Middle East! We were like celebrities over there because of it (and we even had a Turkish guard ask to guard our tandem while we were at St. Mary's house in Ephesus Turkey! My friend Shelly O. went to the para Olympics with a blind cyclist and she was the captain on the tandem. It is amazing to see single speed tandem track cyclists.. who are blind, racing! Sadly, most of the women in my field don't even ride their bikes long enough in the pro field to see osteoporosis like the men.. It's either you are taken off the bike because of a crash, you realize being a pro cyclist is not glamorous because you make no money, get no glory and quit, or you can't get on a UCI team because of the average age requirement being 25 or younger (it's a retarded stupid rule! as most women don't peak until mid to late 30's!). I am on a great team so I love cycling!! I attached some photos in case you were interested #1 is of me riding for Washington State University 2 weeks ago at Nationals where I was featured in the Utah newspaper (I got the silver medal for the individual time trial!!) and #2 is me doing the hill time trial at San Dimas where Cycling Illustrated featured me [I like to climb hills ;) ].