Daylilies: Daylily help, 1 by hornstrider

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright hornstrider

Subject: Daylily help

Forum: Daylilies

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Daylily help
hornstrider wrote:
I would like to know more about Daylilies. My wife purchased the plant marked (origional) in picture below. It sat there for a couple of years, and finally it started to bloom in year two. I was very impressed w/ how it just continued to bloom all summer long w/ very little maintenance, or effort. I came to this forum, and learned how, and when to split them. So I split the origional into (slpit #1) in the picture below. Well I must say I was impressed w/ my efforts because split #1 bloomed all summer also. Well you guessed it I split again, and once again I was impressed. I split one more time this fall, and split #3 is already blooming. It appears that I may qualify to be called a beginner Daylily grower. I want to kick it up a notch. I am ready to build a Daylily garden. My question is where do I purchase different varieties of Daylilies? I want more color, Yellow is nice, but I want more colors. Please suggest where a good place to purchase Daylilies. I live in Hutto, Texas just outside of Austin. Please suggest varieties ect. Thanks in advance.