Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Southwest Gardening: Operation Dorothy, 1 by jkochan

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright jkochan

In reply to: Operation Dorothy

Forum: Southwest Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Operation  Dorothy
jkochan wrote:
Nice to be back :-) I was out with a cup of java this morning looking at all I haven't done in the garden. It's not a total write off, but it needs some rehab. There is one nice thing about ignoring it for a while. Plants have grown and proved their suitability or not. Got a few things to replace and a lot of trimming and pruning to do to get it all under control again. I went out front to get the paper and look what I found. Momma Red Eared Slider digging a nest in the front flower bed! This is the second time (that I know about) that this has happened. After 5 hours of grueling work she headed back to the lake. I put her in a bucket to give her a lift and to take a picture of her going home. I put her on the ground and reached for the camera, but she took off like a shot before I could get one! If the Hair had raced this turtle instead of the tortoise he'd never have even gotten out of the starting block.