Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - May 2013, 1 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - May 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - May 2013
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone is well; I have really missed chatting with you all on DG. I did not get up to too much this weekend, mainly tried to rest up as I have been pretty tired so just listened to my body and took it easy over the weekend.

Hi Nev / Ian thanks ever so much for trying to identify my NOID Crypt’. Nev thanks for all the trouble you went to asking other brom people what my NOID could be, thanks to everyone as really appreciate everyone trying. I will look into some of the feedback and see what comes up? Ian I will have to look up Cryptanthus ‘Bahianus’ to see what it looks like. Thanks ever so much to the both of you.

Nev I did manage to pot up all the beautiful seedlings you sent me Friday evening and over the weekend I wrote them all little name tags as I think they are all doing really well, look so healthy which made me want to label them all so I can move them around as I need, when I need to do so. I have seen Neo’ ‘Orchid’ on the BCR before and really liked it, now I am the proud owner of some very nice seedlings thanks to you Nev.

I was excited to find that some of my neo seeds have germinated; the one’s that self-seeded in our garden. Today I fertilised all my vriesea seedlings and had their lids off them for the day which they appear to be benefiting from, a little bit of sunbaking seems to do them good. I do this every weekend so they get a bit of fresh air and more light to keep the algae at bay so that I don’t have to use the Milton Anti-bacterial tablets as often.

Hi Shirley thanks for starting the May thread, luved the vriesea pic you used of ‘Speckles x Milky Way’, what a stunning looking brom it is.

Shirley thanks for putting my name down for Neo’ ‘Gun Power’, I have also written your name down for Neo’ ‘Blood Plum’.

Hi Bree sounds like you have been busy in the garden with your orchids, carnivorous plants and broms, as well as with your brom seedlings.

Hi Sue sounds like you have been busy cleaning up the black igloo and getting the lawns mowed, the igloo looks amazingly organised and clean, what a fantastic job you did. At least that’s the hard stuff out the way; potting and re-potting broms at least will be more relaxing I hope for you.

Hi Jean sounds like you are busy with your broms with pups popping up everywhere, isn’t it a wonderful and rewarding feeling. Jean good luck with your brom sale on the weekend.

Fantastic Brom pics Everyone!

Anyway time to head and go make our salads for tomorrow.
Hi to anyone else looking in or on the Sick List.

Take care and Happy Gardening!

Trish

Pic 1 – Vriesea ‘Lake Innes’ - Grex
Pic 2 – Neo’ ‘Isabel Sport’
Pic 3 – Neo’ ‘Towsville x Self’
Pic 4 & 5 - Neo’ ‘Seed Pods’ – these are my very first I have ever seen / touched so I thought I would share a pic. See more in centre of well. I have already sown these seeds and they germinated very quickly.