Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-South Gardening: May Flowers bring beauty and joy!, 1 by gen2026

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright gen2026

In reply to: May Flowers bring beauty and joy!

Forum: Mid-South Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of May Flowers bring beauty and joy!
gen2026 wrote:
We had kids running in the state track meet yesterday and last night at Green Forrest and they had snow! Not sure if it snowed during the meet or on their way home..... Crazy....... I have a lot of irises blooming and with buds, and clematis blooming...... I also have scrapes on a couple of my DLs and they say will be down to 36 tonight. Should I try to cover them all?? I assume the cold will nip the buds?? :(

Charlotte, your yard is beautiful! Wonder if I could plant a carolina jasmine and maybe the climbing rose together for a more extended bloom season and still have better coverage. Would probably need something other than wood though because it will be right near the eave of the house and will get a lot of water.............. not sure what I would put there..........

I had planned to paint the exterior of the house where my parents lived this weekend - well, at least make a dent in it - but they are calling for rain and temps in the 50s so don't think I will be trying to put on stain! :( Next weekend we have a fundraiser for our mission trip so that will wipe out that Saturday too. I really wanted to get it done before it gets super hot - I am afraid once it gets warm to stay it is going to go to really hot in a hurry! Hope I am wrong on that - but it was 86 and super muggy on Tuesday so it has already started - just keeps getting interrupted by these cold spells...........

I went to Arkadelphia Wednesday night and brought home a suburban load of the kids stuff out of their dorm rooms...... lots of it was winter clothes! I hope they kept at least a couple of things for cool weather or they are going to be cold today!

I snapped a picture of this clematis blooming on my fence ..... it has been planted for several years but Leigh usually mows it down when it is coming up and so it has never bloomed until now. I can't remember the name of it.....(he also mowed over my tag)..... I have another clematis that was supposed to be a shade clematis that I have planted in my small shady area..... it is blooming but it only about 6" tall. I have the red wire trellis type thing that I got from Sandra at one of the RUs for it to climb on - but it never grows more than 6"..... I kept thinking eventually it would get bigger - but last year and this year it is had the ONE bloom at the top of a 6" stalk - and that's it............... not too exciting - you have to walk all the way up to it to even SEE it!