Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013, 1 by bromishy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright bromishy

In reply to: Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for the novice and addict. April 2013
bromishy wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Hi Shirley oh bugger it rained, it sounded promising that you got some good weather until I read the rest of your paragraph, what a bummer.

Shirley I agree with you thank goodness for having a GPS in the car, I would be lost without one with the amount of traveling we both do. I too get sick if I am passenger in the front reading a map or magazine and god help me if I drop something on the floor, I have learnt to just leave it there until we have stopped the car somewhere. It saves a lot of arguments having a GPS, as you can’t really yell at a GPS if it’s wrong and if you do it won’t answer you back in an angry tone to “look at your own friggen map next time” he he. Shirley you and I sound nearly alike when it comes to falling asleep as passenger in a car (except I have been known to snore). I laughed my head off the way you described how you try your darndest to not fall asleep, to try and look awake and then fall asleep anyway – too funny Shirley. Michael sounds like he gets a good laugh out of the situation, so does Joe when I fall asleep, sometimes he tugs on the steering wheel on purpose so I hit my head on the window to wake me up, he is such a caring husband.

Shirley the Pic 2 variegated brom you asked about is Neo’ ‘First Prize’, pleased to hear you think it’s lovely, it’s colour is also getting better like all the others since the scorching sun has left us. Shirley not too sure what your Neo’ NOID is but it’s really nice, has a Neo’ ‘Charm’ look about it?

Hi Nev great to hear from you and pleased to hear Ailsa is home now resting and recovering. Take care and look forward to hearing from you when you can.

Hi Sue wow don’t you feel tired sitting up in a car on long trips when passenger, how do you manage to stay awake? The only way I can stay awake on long trips is by nibbling on chicken twisties, I always make sure I pack some in the car so I can stay awake as long as I can, or share the driving with Joe so he kick back and relax or sleep if he wants too. I too am not big on the big cities; I turn into a crazy person and tend to yell abuse with my window down at people who cut me off etc, I really blend in with the surroundings but you really have to have your wits about you the way people drive in the big cities.

Sue luved all the pics you posted, great to see the area you are preparing for the igloo, looks like a great area for more boms. The broms look great popping out of the Mondo Grass. Luved your Neo’ ‘Moby Dick’ growing in nearly full sun, it brings out a more orange tones. I have recently moved mine so will be curious to see what it colours up like. You’re Ae. ‘Bert’ in flower looks lovely with the other Ae’s on that beautiful log. Pic 5 Neo’ ‘Ganesh Gold’ is really nice; its hot centre really jumps out at you in your pic.

Anyway time to head off.

Hi to anyone else looking in or on the Sick List.

Take care and Happy Gardening!

Trish