Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Perennials: August perennial blooms, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: August perennial blooms

Forum: Perennials

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of August perennial blooms
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Let me do some research , but right off hand you can also include: (will you be growing these from seed or buying plants?) If growing:
Coreopsis Sunray
Any of the tall sunflowers, many colors available, and many are branching
Zinnias, whole array of colors and many can be bought as seperate colors, yellow, gold, red, orange, pink and purple
Cosmos (light fragrance in quantity and will fill the air), great as a cut flower also, have plenty of seed of mixed colors (pink, white, & deep pink)
Antirrihinum (snaps), I'm growing some from seed this season called 'The Bride', white fragrant and 36"
Ammi visagna or majus, great as a cut flower also, (have seed if needed on visagna)
Daisies, probably better to start with these as plants if wanting a decent show by then
Centaureas, (bachelor buttons (cyans), many colors), mochatas, imperials
Alyssum lobulara very fragrant ground cover if enmass, easy from seed
Malva
Sidalcea
some hollyhocks (Alcea rosea)
Osteospurmum, I have plenty of seed from both a yellow and an orange one that I could share, 10-14", reseeding annual.

So here's a few to get you started. If buying seed to start take a look or better yet get a catalog from SelectSeed.com. They have many old fashion type flowers and most are annuals. Also get one from T&MSeeds.com.

Pix
Ammi visagna