Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Garden Pests and Diseases: How to control Pillbugs eating my strawberries?, 1 by wonderearth

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright wonderearth

In reply to: How to control Pillbugs eating my strawberries?

Forum: Garden Pests and Diseases

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of How to control Pillbugs eating my strawberries?
wonderearth wrote:
oh my god! Here i was giving these little buggers a pass and now i see them eating my hollyhocks in the light of the day! I've got a huge population this year and they are going nuts on all the new growth. I've been blaming my strawberry problem on the slugs and snails for years. Bah! They are taking out some of the seedlings too - (tears)! I thought the sluggo just wasn't working but the earwigs and pill bugs are the real culprit. I've been using cinnamon essential oil mixed with a little Dr. bronners on my newly planted seedlings and on the soil just around the base to repel the slugs and snails until they are big enough to handle a few chomps. This is working!!! However, it doesn't work on the pill bugs. I've been adamantly opposed to sluggo plus but now i think i see this may be necessary. What do you all think is less likely to harm beneficials? DE or Sluggo plus?