Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: DO YOU HAVE SOME SIGNS OF SPRING 2013? #2, 1 by JBerger

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright JBerger

In reply to: DO YOU HAVE SOME SIGNS OF SPRING 2013? #2

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of DO YOU HAVE SOME SIGNS OF SPRING 2013? #2
JBerger wrote:
Hey, everything works for me. Hope you all find the new link and it makes your life easier since some are still on dial up. Hey Coleup this is just for you, Sweetie! I have other friends who really have a problem when the threads get too long so I can appreciate your situation. Enjoy.

Several years ago I got a floral arrangement with some curley willow in it. When I threw the flowers away, the willow had rooted. Of course I can not throw anything away that has roots, so I planted it in a big pot. Several days later my friend dropped off some cut curley willow stems for me and I rooted them. I planted some and stuck a few more in the pot with the one from the floral arrangement. They all grew and I then twisted them into one stem and left the tops just blow freely. They have gone through Hurricane Sandy, several snow storms, nor'easters, and God knows what else and here they are, today, March 27th just getting some green in their stems. This can only mean they survived another Winter and I am just thrilled. They are indistructable!!!!

Perfect for patio, porch or yard, but I would not suggest yard unless you want the roots to take over. I think keeping them in containers and forming them into different shapes is the best way to go with them. It is also fun.

Do any of you have any plants that you have gotten or planted in a weird way that actually survived and that have surprised you in doing so? Please share if you have.