Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Vines and Climbers: Passi Q's for Clare mostly, 1 by Clare_CA

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Clare_CA

In reply to: Passi Q's for Clare mostly

Forum: Vines and Climbers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Passi Q's for Clare mostly
Clare_CA wrote:
Hii JD, I grew that one from seed so it might be slow to flower at first. It was pretty small when I sent it to you. When it is ready to flower, you will have lots of buds on the terminal ends. Any pruning will cut off flowers so hold off on that until after it flowers. Mine grew way overhead before it flowered, and then I cut it back. Mine does like heat and does well in full sun or part shade. I wouldn't worry about what the nodes look like as long as your leaves look healthy.

JD, I think you just need to be more patient about your Passifloras flowering. Most Passifloras are tolerant of any growing conditions, and yours sounds like it's just fine. Sometimes, a vine wants to concentrate on becoming full-sized before it flowers and wants to concentrate its energy on growth. I don't think cuttings flower any sooner because they are cuttings, at least not with Passifloras. Yes, P. Mollissima will bloom in cooler weather after it has put on some growth. All of my P. Mollissima buds dropped off in the heat so I hope that I will get some in the fall.

Good luck and stop worrying!