Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeers #16, 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeers #16

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeers #16
Amargia wrote:
DD#1 wasn't as physically stabilized as the doctor's believed. She's back in the Internal medicine ward. In Behavioral Medicine, they pump you up to the gills with whatever anti-depressant the doctor has decided on to accelerate the two week period it normally takes for an anti-depressant to fully take effect. She wasn't able to physically withstand that. Poor liver function evidently complicates things. *#~! Shouldn't the doctors have realized that ahead of time? Shouldn't they have been watching for complications more carefully? She tried to tell them something was very wrong, but the ammonia is so built up in her bloodstream, she couldn't form a coherent sentence. She still can't. Kay is furious in that cold way she gets mad these days. The botanical garden is luckily on the way to and from the hospital giving her a place to decompress and grow calm.
We are still planning to make the local RU next month. Prepping for that is helping both of us. I would like to try to travel a little further and go to a botanical garden in Theodore, AL just on the other side of Mobile. They have an azalea collection I would like to see in bloom if mid-April isn't too late in the season. We chose to give up all our azaleas to assure better health for the honeybees, but I still like visiting them in their spring glory on someone else's property. Our local azalea/dogwood festival starts this Sunday afternoon, but with the unusually cool spring we've had thus far, I'm afraid it will start out less than spectacular. That's okay. It's still fun to watch those thoroughly modern, blue jean wearing young women trying to move about gracefully in hoop skirts carrying frilly parasols. ROFL.
Nighttime lows of 37 degrees tonight. Today, I'll be covering up the tomatoes, basil and peppers I set out prematurely. .
Photo #1: Chinese lorepedilum
Photo #2: There will be some dogwoods to show off on Sunday afternoon.
Photo #3: Pests Beware "Don't look at Me" (YOU CANT SEEE MEEE).