Florida Gardening: Florida Chit Chat #8 Spring is Coming, 1 by DavidofDeLand

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright DavidofDeLand

In reply to: Florida Chit Chat #8 Spring is Coming

Forum: Florida Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Florida Chit Chat #8  Spring is Coming
DavidofDeLand wrote:
Thank you Sandy. I believe in the 3 B's gardens too.!

Glad to hear you are moving along into Spring Qwilter...I well remember the "first year garden" from here almost 5 years ago now. It only takes a couple of years to start turning a garden around. I would love to see pictures of yours to see the developments after a season or two or,..... 20. (I have been here now 5 years or 20 seasons!)...and it is wonderful weather.

Beach Sunflower is a no fuss native that needs no care at all in Summer once easily established. It can be hedged and 1 plant can create a flower garden by itself if planted in a dead patch of grass. (radiating out in a circle 6-8 feet round. They will forever take the heat and drought of Summer, and in August bloom more then ever, with Daisy like flowers on a ground growing true Sunflower! (While all else is fading.....)....... Whew! 'Helianthus dibilis'.

I hedge them like any other groundcover or actual hedge with hedgers where neccessary.

These are how we used them in May 2011. Once you have them they are yours to move or shape any way you like forever and are more faithful then Gaillardia year after year!

This message was edited Mar 10, 2013 7:14 PM