Photo by Melody
Announcements
Voting is finished for the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You can check out the winners HERE!

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: SPECIAL EDITION Snow Day Chat March 2013, 1 by VA_Wild_Rose

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright VA_Wild_Rose

In reply to: SPECIAL EDITION Snow Day Chat March 2013

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of SPECIAL EDITION Snow Day Chat  March 2013
VA_Wild_Rose wrote:
Hubby and I got our grocery shopping done on Monday in preparation. Cooked quite a bit yesterday... made a big pot of chicken corn chowder, and a crockpot full of pulled pork BBQ for sandwiches. Started snowing here at 10pm last night. Hubby had to work in it... from midnight to 8am this morning. He got back home safe and sound, thankfully! I woke up to about 5 inches so far... (see the first photo.) I am able to work from home in such times... again I am thankful! Went out first thing and cleared an area to make a covered food and water station for all our little bird visitors... they really get frantic when it snows! They can't forage on the ground for food in deep snow. Took less than five minutes for them to get over the umbrella! LOL! I will share bird pics on the bird thread later today... it's already been very busy out there!

Hope everyone else is safe and warm!

Karen