Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts, March 2013, 1 by works4me

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright works4me

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts, March 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts, March 2013
works4me wrote:
Hi all, we have had only patchy showers today but it has been quite windy here. Early this morning while playing with my broms, I heard a very loud crack, followed by a very loud, ground shaking crash as another big gum tree came down. It was in a neighbour’s property and luckily didn’t do any real damage.

Nev, looks like you never did get to finish your post, but your pics are stunners ... you certainly have some lovely broms. Can you ID three of them for me, please - Pic 1, the variegated neo in the bottom left, pic 3, the large variegated neo on the left, pic 5, the pink centred neo in the middle, top of the pic.

Sue, what a bummer, I hope you don’t lose your Hohenbergia leopoldo-horstii. I am keeping a close eye on mine as its looking a bit suss. I have repotted it and moved it out of the rain. I have my fingers crossed for both of us here … as you say, it’s always the expensive ones.

My neo Gold Medal is quite small, Sue, and I have a couple of them so I will move one into a lower light area to see how it changes.

Bree, the colours in your neos are gorgeous … so soft and pretty.

Jean, lovely vrieseas, you must have quite a few now. That offer to take some of them off your hands is still good, LOL.

Trish, it’s really good to hear from you and I am so pleased your parcel finally arrived. Gee, it took a long time … I was beginning to think it may have gone astray, I am so happy that they arrived in good condition.

I am pleased too that Joe is on the mend but Trish, you need to take care of yourself too or your health will suffer. Take it easy OK … looking forward to your next post.

Trish, thanks for the pic of neo Rose Blush, very nice ... my NOID is totally different.

My pic 1 is an unnamed guzmania … any ideas please, pic 2 is neo de Rolf, pic 3 is neo Goldilocks. Quite a few of my neos seem to be missing the sun and have lost colour.

Till tomorrow, Shirley