Photo by Melody

Accessible Gardening: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeers #16, 1 by Amargia

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright Amargia

In reply to: Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeers #16

Forum: Accessible Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Practical Matters for Physically Challenged Gardeers #16
Amargia wrote:
Did the recent storms hit your mountain, Vickie? Did you lose electricity? It's been rain, rain and more rain for us. Early morning temps in the 70's. The frogs are partying like college students on spring break. I've never seen so many happy frogs. The 'Goldilocks' crocus have appeared like amphibian party decorations. What little cuties!
Well, I can always make a rainy, dreary morning better with hot chocolate. Good article, Carrie. I've been learning a lot about chocolate lately. Only a few days ago I was listening in to one of Kay's audio books called "Chocolate: A Bittersweet Saga of Dark and Light. When I commented that the idea of drinking cocoa made without milk or sugar sounded terrible, she made me a foamy brew using water instead of milk and flavored with cinnamon and hot chili sauce. I'm not going to stop buying Hershey, but the cup she gave me sweetened with honey wasn't bad. My chocolate taste will never be very sophisticated. I spent too many happy days roaming Hershey Park as a child. Besides, I don't think we can afford another person in the house who is into Verona chocolate. lol. (Jim)