Specialty Gardening: Consolida or Delphinium, 1 by warriorswisdomkathy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright warriorswisdomkathy

In reply to: Consolida or Delphinium

Forum: Specialty Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Consolida or Delphinium
warriorswisdomkathy wrote:
Pix 1: open 11x22" tray, have seen from $.99-3.99 per..look around for the least $$.
Pix 2: insert that holds 2 1/2" pots (32), you are avaiable to buy, some nurseries sell them, some catalogs with growing supplies, mine I like to get from dumpster diving..lol.
Pix 3: tray with insert and dome, (domes $1.99-2.99 ish) help hold humidity in while sprouting seed.
Pix 4: tray with dome off
Pix 5: one of the other sized inserts that I have for the open trays. I like to use these when I have numerous of the same plant, (these are Delphinium grandiflorum Chinensis, (dwarf delphs at 12-18", bloom all summer and reseed, they are in a tray of 144 plugs. Later I will pot them onto 2 1/2" pots, breaking up the rootball, place them under lights a few more days and then outside in a covered plastic area (unheated), haven't decided which area I will use this season...Probably in March sometime. If need be I have several frost blankets to cover them over night when the temps are low, and then off during the day as it gets quite warm when the sun is shinning. I will do this with most any of my seedling perenns that can handle the cooler temps. Such as: Dianthus, Daisies, Veronicas, Aquilegias, etc., anything pretty much that begins blooming early in the season I figure can take the cooler temps at night.