Photo by Melody

Australian and New Zealand Gardening: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - February 2013, 5 by 77sunset

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright 77sunset

In reply to: Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - February 2013

Forum: Australian and New Zealand Gardening

<<< Previous photoNext photo >>>
Photo of Bromeliads for Novices and Addicts - February 2013
77sunset wrote:
You are not alone, Nev & Shirley. I am always lurking in the wings until I have something to show.
I learn a lot here. So much easier reading the posts with info and hints rather than trying to read some dry old book about broms.

I have done it again. I should write out 500 times.
....I must not look at broms on eBay....
I bought more...lol

I have used the scoria before as a medium for my cymbidium orchids. They didnt mind it but I found the pots dryng out too quickly in the hot weather and any fertiliser in the water was wasted as the water would all just run straight through.
Maybe the stuff I used was too large in size. I have not seen any other around .
The orchid mix seems to suit them all now anyway.

I took a few pics yesterday so you can see my new babies.

pic 1... vr. Poelmanii White Line x Milky Way
pic 2...vr. Red Chestnut x Squiggles
pic 3...vr. gruberi x Tiger Tim ( Shirley, I am sure I have the first name wrong as it was hard to read on the label. )
pic 4...vr. Luciue var. . I bought this one because I like variegated plants. I cannot find a reference to the name anywhere.
pic 5...a noid. This one has been sitting around looking half dead for a few years, but has decided to grow.
I like the coloring but have no idea what the plant is.
I am not even sure it is a brom.

Jean.

This message was edited Feb 8, 2013 7:52 AM

This message was edited Feb 9, 2013 7:33 AM