Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Trees, Shrubs and Conifers: I need some help, 1 by growin

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright growin

Subject: I need some help

Forum: Trees, Shrubs and Conifers

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of I need some help
growin wrote:
Today I received notification that they will install Acer macrophyllum as a street tree along the street in downtown Vancouver very near me. I need to submit a thorough complaint to the City of Vancouver for choosing an inappropriate tree for downtown environs. It all stems from an individual who is "native this" and "native that" but makes many errors in choosing plants and location plantings. Just because something is native doesn't mean it is right. The Big Leaf Maple is a significant tree that casts a large shadow, robust root system that will damage sidewalks and is susceptible to "crotch rot". The litter itself from the tree is significant. Don't get me wrong, I love this tree. A boulevard planting is just the wrong spot. I could really use everyone's help to write a very thorough complaint letter and have it published in the Vancouver Sun and sent to the Mayor of Vancouver. Any help is greatly appreciated.