Photo by Melody
Announcements
Time to judge the entries in the 2024 Pixel County Fair. You have until September 24th to choose your favorites HERE!

Rural Gardening: 2013 the start - January, 1 by CajuninKy

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright CajuninKy

In reply to: 2013 the start - January

Forum: Rural Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of 2013 the start - January
CajuninKy wrote:
Have you ever raised rabbits before? I find it interesting that a doe does not come into heat or season like other animals. The act of breeding causes her to ovulate. You should always bring the doe to the buck's cage, never the other way around. She will fight him in her cage and won't breed. Are the rabbits for 4H?

My seeds have not sprouted so I put them a bit closer to the grow light. Hope that helps things along. I toyed with the idea of making another bottom heated tray for sprouting but I don't have kitty litter right now. I may get some this week in town when we go for the doc appointment.

DH is doing well on his leg. Doing a good bit of walking. We went to the barn yesterday to unload some feed and he walked up and down the barn hall with his roller aid. He was proud of himself. His stump is shrinking fast and holding up well. They will have to resize his leg soon. I still don't know how we will ever pay for it. I just hope they don't send Bobby and Big Juicy out to repo it. I'd hate for them to have to "git licked". LOL

I got my Eagle Nest Poultry catalog today. They have good prices. I think I might order a few meat birds if nothing else. Have any of you ever tasted pheasant? I sure thought they would be more expensive. They are just $1.50. The meat birds are $1 and $1.16 each. They have the Welsummers I was thinking of getting for just $2 but they are only available in straight run. EEs are $1.20 straight run and $1.80 sexed. Some of the cockerels are only .60 . But before I can get any birds I have to get my rat wire put in my coop.

It was very old this morning. 14 with a wind chill of 0. Had a bit of snow but not much ice. The sun came out and melted so I was able to get up to the road to go feed the horse and pony and I had to go to the pharmacy to get meds. Wasn't too bad except for the wind.