Photo by Melody

Mid-Atlantic Gardening: Anybody ordering from B&D Lilies this Spring?, 1 by coleup

Communities > Forums

Image Copyright coleup

In reply to: Anybody ordering from B&D Lilies this Spring?

Forum: Mid-Atlantic Gardening

<<< Previous photo Back to post
Photo of Anybody ordering from B&D Lilies this Spring?
coleup wrote:
Let's see,
Our Jill has three seed swap threads going (Thank God this isn't her first time round the block on this one even though it is never easy peasy!) And a side offer for those great markers in several colors and another side offer to split an order of Water sorb crystals. Oh, yes, there was also some caladium buzz and a Pine Tree order....Am I forgetting something?

And then still full of her bouyant energy, Jill took the bull by the horns, and persuaded a wholesale supplier to give her the same deal including free shipping for a very minimal first order by industry standards for lilies and glads! Because she still had a head of steam and some interested posters she added another more specialized lily order thread and expanded side orders for phlox 'david' and cocrosmia! (sp)

Hum. Does anyone else think this is rather remarkable even for remarkable, masterful Jill? I'm glad that Jill will have some help sorting bulbs but I have to say that just doing five kinds of garlic bulbs for 5 or 6 interested parties took hours of my time and "customer satisfaction" a couple of pounds of patience! Hats off to you Jill.

Herding cats, even if we are for the most part, most of the time a family-like kind hearted group full of respectful distinctly different gardeners isn't easy, but that doesn't mean that we all can't learn a little more each time to put our oars in the water and row in the same general direction for a while!

From my garlic bulb experience I can sat that it helps immensely if any one who posts has read through and considered what has already been posted. And, for me personally, it helps if a thread about garlic bulb orders stays on track.

Talk about head shakers, Chantell, how is it that two lily ordering threads even mentioned "water gel crystals"?????? Gita started the thread where this is being discussed very appropriately (http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1295008/) here in our Mid Atlantic forum if anyone has the time and inclination to discuss (respectfully) this or any of the other multitudes of soil components available in our gardening lives in our quests to have our plants and gardens and lives flourish.

Saddest to me, however, is that Jill felt it necessary to clarify for all of us that she is " not peddling poison" . Nope, No way, no how!

And, curiously, my family like forum, I am feeling a bit guilty for having asked a question /opinion of tapla on use of water crystals over on our soils thread and wondering if I am somehow to blame for unrest in the kingdom! At least this time I don't feel (like I have in the past) that I will be voted off the island! And even if I vote myself off, I know I can vote myself back on. Other than that, I can make better use of the "preview" and "edit" functions here and pray for serenity, courage and wisdom.

Judy

PS, I really don't know Sos well enough yet, but perhaps having MS makes one more aware , and sensitive to the ramifications of potential "poisons" for her personal health challenges. Like peanut allergy, a little bit can be too much.